Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sacrifice

"If we are not feeling the pinch of sacrifice, then we could be doing more."

This is the current quote on my dry erase board in my office. I used to update my quotes once a week but then I accidently left one up for an entire semester. I recently changed it and I don't know how I feel about this quote. It makes me a little uncomfortable, which is probably a good thing...but I still don't like it.

I feel like I'm always going and doing something ALL the time and I'm always looking to do less, or get a little time for myself. The problem is, do I feel like I'm sacrificing? Am I sacrificing even if I don't feel like it? I guess that is where the issue lies. Sacrifice.

Being intentional has been on my mind a lot lately. I can do stuff but if I'm not intentionally investing in people, what is it all for? nothing.

My life is still in a transition process and some big changes are coming soon. Once August rolls around, I will no longer be working. (I'll admit, I'm a little excited about that..) I'll only get a few weeks off before I begin the full-time job of "Mom." That is unless Leeland decides to come early and doesn't give me any time off at all! We'll see...

I think this time in my life will be a time that I will have to be more intentional than ever. The majority of my time will be spent at home, taking care of things and providing for my husband and my son. But how will I be impacting the Kingdom? How will I be reaching out in my community? I am confident that God will bring me opportunities and use me in ways I could never imagine. I'm excited about this new stage in life. Bring it on!

I know I've been gone from this little blog world for a while. I'm not going to promise that I'll update more often but do know that I'm certainly going to try!

1 comment:

  1. You can still impact the Kingdom "working" from your home. You don't have to be out and about.

    Remember the wife of noble CHARACTER in Proverbs 31 - her husband has full confidence in her, she works with eager hands, provides for her family, works vigorously, opens her arms to the needy, she is clothed with strength and dignity, and speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction. Her family will rise and call her blessed.

    Just continue to love the Lord and love His people! They'll notice His joy, hope, peace, and love abounding out of you - and that will make an impact!!

    Excited for your new stage in life! :)

    ReplyDelete