Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Orphans

We are wanting to adopt someday.  We are leaning towards international adoption, most likely from somewhere in Africa, but we'll see what plan God ends up having.  For the past 2 days, I have been extremely burdened for our children.  We do not know them.  I don't even know if they exist yet, but I can't stop thinking about them.  [And notice I keep saying "they" and "them"?  I feel like it's two.  I don't know why.]

Part of this stems from the book Seven.  I just finished it yesterday.  The author, Jen Hatmaker, adopted two children from Ethiopa and they were going through the process as she was writing the book.  So she talks about that a lot.  But I don't think it's just coincidence that I happened to be reading that book right now and she happens to talk about adoption...of two children...from Africa.

I am doing a Bible study called Abounding Hope and we are studying about Job.  I am also doing several other Bible study things and almost thought about skipping out on Abounding Hope today.  But as Job's story has really been resonating with me, I thought I'd do the study real quick.  I opened it up and the verses we are studying today are Psalm 139:1-8.

I was pretty shocked as Psalm 139 is a passage I think of often when I think of orphans.

So I prayed these verses over my children.  There's a pretty good chance they feel forgotten.  They might feel abandoned.  They probably feel lonely.  But God sees them.  He knows them, he sees their every move.  He is with them, in front and behind them.  His hand is upon them.  No matter where they go, He is there.

Will you join me in praying for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment