Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Hunt

I have recently become a fan of blogs. There are several blogs that I love to read. The first thing I do when I get to work in the morning is check the blogs. They aren't famous bloggers or anything, just friends that I enjoy to observe or people that I feel are friends now that I've been reading their blog for a while. In fact, most of them don't even know that I read their blogs. Yes, I'm a blurker. But sometimes when they don't update often, I'm disappointed. I'm like "Geeze, why won't they write a new post already?!" I get pretty impatient. And that is the very reason why I have been hesitant to start a blog. I don't want to disappoint people. Ha! This seems humorous to me for some reason.

However, since I haven't shared this blog with anyone yet, I guess I don't have to feel bad about disappointing anyone yet!

It's Halloween and we're going to a Costume/Pumpkin Carving Party with our Sunday School Class tonight. So the goal for the day is to come up with some awesome costumes and get a great pumpkin. Weston is flying right now, but I have this grand idea in my head that when he comes home, we'll go out in search of the perfect pumpkin and it will be a fun, beautiful, romantic, and picture worthy adventure. Weston usually doesn't feel the same way about these things, so we'll see how it goes. As for costumes, I think we're going to go as nerds. Cowboy and Indian is our second choice. I'll post pictures of the final outcome!

Tomorrow is November and I couldn't be more excited. October has been one of the craziest months! I feel like I was going non-stop and I have been eagerly awaiting November. Along with a SLIGHT break in the schedule, November means Thanksgiving and family and Christmas! Like everyone else in the world, I LOVE this time of year. It seems like the older I get, the more I get into the spirit of the season. I really want to do Christmas cards this year. Weston has always said that he doesn't want to do Christmas cards, but I think it would be sooo cute to get a good picture of us with Oliver, design a cute card, and send it to friends and family! Oliver always puts a smile on people's faces.
Exhibit A:

How could you not love this?

Well I'm going to finish my Candycane Lane Tea (ok, so maybe I'm getting in the spirit a little early?) and get ready for the day. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment